Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cajun Chicken with Linguine


2 medium onions, diced
1 1/2 lbs. of chicken breast (cubed)
1 tsp kosher salt
fresh ground pepper
1 tsp cajun spices (they sell this in the spice section)
1 tsp cayenne
1 cup of chicken broth
1/2 cup of milk
1 Tblsp worchestershire
2 Tblsp of diced jalapeno
1 cup of Monterey Jack (shredded)
1 cup of sour cream
2 red bell peppers, sliced
1 lb. of linguine

Clean and cube the chicken. Season chicken with S& P, cayenne and cajun seasonings.
Saute the garlic and the onions until nicely browned. Add the chicken. Brown the chicken and remove.

Add the chicken broth, milk, worchestershire and jalapeno.
Simmer for about 20 minutes to 1/2 hour. 

Add the cheese, sour cream and the red peppers. Return the chicken to the pan, and simmer until tender and peppers are slightly soft.
Serve over linguine.

Notes:  A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and I like the idea of the recipe but even though I've tried it a few times, I still can't get the consistency right.  Mine ends up soupy when I prefer thicker creamy sauces.  That said, I keep trying because my finicky kids ask for it. I also skip the jalapeno since neither my kids or I like things real spicy.  I'm sure my husband would prefer I add the jalapeno though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.