Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chicken Dijon

I used to have a recipe I liked from a Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. Unfortunately when I bought a newer edition and tossed my old one (which had fallen apart) I didn't realize this recipe wasn't in it.

1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
1/2 cup light cream (or milk with a bit more butter added)
chicken broth , plus pan juices to make one cup
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup white wine (or extra stock)
Directions:

1 Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the onion powder, lemon pepper and salt.

2 Sauté the chicken in the butter for about 20 min, or till cooked through and tender. Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.

3 Measure the pan juices and enough chicken broth to make 1 cup liquid. Return the stock mixture to the pan and add the wine.

4 Stir together the light cream and the flour till smooth. Add to the broth, cook and stir till smooth, thickened and bubbly.

5 Stir in the Dijon mustard , stir till smooth.

6 Return the chicken to the pan, or serve the sauce separately.


Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-dijon-429009#ixzz1kEYhRPNM

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.