Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chicken Piazza (sort of)


I took this from Mr Food Cooks Pasta but changed it so much he probably wouldn't even recognize it (but would hopefully appreciate my improvisations:)

1 1/2 pounds chunks of chicken
2 cloves garlic
3 diced bell peppers (I used yellow and orange)
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper

Heat olive oil in skillet. Cook the cubed chicken until no longer pink on outside. Remove chicken, add garlic and peppers and heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.  Add the chicken broth, wine, oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper.  Simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.  Add chicken and simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve over pasta. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.