Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pasta with Tomato, Cream, Red Pepper & Vodka Sauce

1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
1 - 14 oz can Italian diced tomatoes
1/2 lb penne 1 tbsp vodka
1/2 cup heavy cream

Combine oil, garlic and red pepper in a warm skillet. Heat gently until garlic starts to sizzle. Puree the tomatoes and add to the skillet. Cook stirring about 5 minutes. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Once finished. add the drained pasta to the tomato mixture. Stir in the vodka and cream. Continue stirring over heat so that the pasta takes on some of the sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.