Monday, March 5, 2012

Salmon Penne with Wild Mushrooms

This is from the McCormick and Schmick's Seafood Cookbook.  I've never had it at the restaurant so not sure how it compares to the real thing, but my husband said it was the best of the salmon/pasta dishes I had made.  It was super easy too, so it's definitely a keeper

1/2 lb penne pasta
12 oz salmon, diced to about 1/2 inch cubes
flour to dust
3 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
1 Tbsp chopped shallots
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (it calls for wild, I used regular white)
1/4 cup white wine
3/4 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbsp chopped toasted hazelnuts

Boil the pasta according to package directions. Dust the salmon in flour.  Saute in butter 1 minute.  Add the garlic, shallots, mushrooms, salt and pepper.  Cook until garlic is golden and mushrooms tender.  Deglaze wth white wine.  Reduce by half.

Add cream and reduce to a medium consistency.  Serve over pasta, and sprinkle with hazelnuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.