Monday, March 19, 2012

Trying to Get in Gear after Being Useless Yesterday

Saturday was a beautiful day. We spent a lot of time outside, and then went out with friends at night. We went to a French bistro that we'd been meaning to try, and it was great. Lots of great choices on the menu, but I ended up having Baked Brie for an appetizer and pork medallions for my entree.

After dinner we went barhopping. We went to 3 different places all a short distance from each other. We got home around 1am.

I figured with the big lump of cheese and bread and making sure to drink water as well as wine during dinner, and not having any hard alcohol I'd be ok Sunday morning, but no. I was miserable all day and while I did manage to take a shower mid day, I couldn't get my butt off the couch til about 4pm when I was finally able to eat something again.

My sweet little guy would come by randomly throughout the day and give me hugs and ask if I was feeling better.  

So today I'm playing catchup. After dropping my daughters off at school, my son and I spent 2 1/2 hours getting groceries for the week. After lunch I need to catch up on chores, emails, blogging etc, and get a plan of attack for this weeks project - the scary storage closet. Thankfully I just got a coupon for the Container Store, so hopefully I can find some things to help get the mess in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.