Thursday, April 12, 2012

Looking Forward

My son is starting to potty train and we've been talking about moving him out of the crib and in to a big kid bed as soon as we can afford a new bed for my daughter. I've started thinking of the things I'm looking forward to as they grow up.  Some are in the near future, some a ways away but all good.

I look forward to being able to leave the house without having to think about bringing anything other than my keys and wallet.

I look forward to not having to pick my car based on configuring carseats.

I look forward to my kids being old enough that I will be able to leave them at home when I run errands.

I look forward to the day when my kids are old enough that we can get a puppy.  All kids should have a pet, but I want to wait til my little guy is in kindergarten so I have time to train/take care of a puppy.

Of course there are some tradeoffs, some of the things I look forward to, I will lose other sweet things. 

I look forward to not having to change anymore diapers, but I will miss the fit of giggles that kids make when they get a "zerbert"

I look forward to a time when my daily schedule does not have to allow for naps, but I miss the ways newborns fall asleep snuggled up on your chest.

I look forward to the days when my kids will sleep in, but I will miss our morning snuggles

I look forward to the day when my kids can walk to school on their own, but will miss the security of knowing exactly where they are at all times.

I look forward to the day my husband and I will be able to go out without hiring a babysitter, but will miss the little reports of what they did while we were gone.

I look forward to being able to take the kids to the movies, but will miss our story times.

I look forward to the day when I won't have to bring a fully stocked diaper bag with me when I leave the house, but will miss always having snacks I can raid when I get hungry.

I'm sure there are more, but these are the main ones.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing kids grow up is very bittersweet. My daughter just turned 7. I miss when I could just carry her everywhere! But, it is nice that she can go get herself a snack so I can finish up on work!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.