Saturday, April 28, 2012

Replacing Bad Habits with Good

In the aftermath of Screen Free Week, I am trying to replace bad habits with good ones.

I do not text and drive, but do often peek at FB at red lights (probably not much better than texting). So new habit #1, rather than reaching for my phone, I now have water bottle in my cup holder and drink from that rather than checking FB. Much healthier.

New habit #2. I have to earn my screen time just like my kids do. If I want to take time to sit and blog or do anything else online, I need to do my "homework" first. Tidy up the kitchen before checking emails for the day, do some sort of cleaning before going online. Play with my son and Prep dinner in the downtime before picking up his sisters at school.

That's the plan at least. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.