Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Doing Something For Me

I'm at my target weight as I eat fairly healthy. I'm not a health food nut as you can see by checking out my menus, but I don't eat a lot of junk. Yes, I have a jar of Nutella hidden in the pantry just for me, don't judge ;)

Still despite all that I'm not in very good shape. Now that we're finally in a good routine with camp, I'm getting back into running. I was never a serious runner 4-5 miles was usually my max. Still I would much rather go for a good run outside than take a class in a gym. I get to pick the music (currently a kickass Bon Jovi playlist) my mind can wander a little bit as I pound the pavement, Endomondo helps me track my stats (which are already improving) and it's something I do just for me.

So far the timing has been perfect, I drop the kids off at camp, run around my son's camp, stretch out on their field, head home for a quick shower and usually even have sometime in a quiet house before I have to go pick them all up.

Of course next week is the last week of camp and then we have no activities scheduled. The challenge will be to keep this good thing going with the kids at home since they're not old enough to be home by themselves yet.
I may actually have to get up early to run before my husband leaves for work. Yuck. It would be rough to get my ass out of bed at 615. I am not a morning person.

Still I feel great the rest of the day after having exercised, so hopefully knowing that will be enough, we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about not being a morning person...I got up at 6 this morning and it was PAINFUL, let me tell you!

    And I feel the same way as you...I'm at a good weight, I eat fairly healthy but I don't feel like I'm in shape. I really need to find time like you and go out running!
    --Becky
    preppypremed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.