Friday, July 6, 2012

Mom Calendar

As much as I live by my iPhone, and the Cozi calendar app, I still like to have a paper month at a glance calendar for recording recipes to help with menu planning, and to be able to see what we have planned for the month.

I used to use regular calendars with the little one inch square boxes, but there wasn't a lot of room to write stuff. This calendar is soooo much better. Every month gets two pages (so each day is bigger).

But the best part is that there are line dividing each day so you can break up each day however works best for your family.

In our case each of the five of us has a line, and I use the top space to write what we ate for dinner.

The calendar comes with a bunch of stickers and I use most of them, but to make this calendar really work I also made some of my own using Avery return address labels - library books due, dinner out, meeting, and golf (for my husband).

I don't use stickers for weekly activities like dance and piano lessons as those things are so burned in my brain I don't forget, but maybe as time goes on I will.

2 comments:

  1. Following you from the Naptime Review. Where did you find your calendar??? Sounds great!

    I'd love if you came by my page Cave Princess in return sometime :)

    Krista Morgan
    www.caveprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, meant to include that. I got it at Barnes & Noble. They have them in stock now as it is a 16mth calendar starting with August for the new school year.

      I'll definitely check out your blog. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.