Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Slacker Blogger

OK, I admit it.  I've been a totally slacker blogger the past week or so, but on the upside I've been extremely productive in every other aspect of life.  So what have I been doing?  Mostly getting ready for my favorite time of year.  Usually I get pretty stressed out this time of year as money has been tight at this point the past couple of years.  This year we're in a much better place as my husband already got his Christmas bonus instead of having to wait til mid December.  I'm trying hard not to go overboard. Most of the money we plan on using to pay down debt, but it's nice to have flexibility and not have to charge everything like I did last year.  I can't remember the last time I had already started Christmas shopping in November.

To get ready for cold weather and the holidays I've sewn the flannel comforter cover for Little Reader.  I've been doing some serious cleaning to help get ready for our parents to come visit for the holidays so I don't have to spend the final weekend before they arrive doing nothing but cleaning.

My kids get a little present in their stocking everyday until Christmas starting on December 1st.  I try to buy a bunch all of the stuff before the month starts to minimize the stress, and as soon as I finish this post I need to organize the stuff and see how much more I need to buy.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of putting little things in their stockings every day leading up to Christmas! I might have to try a shortened version of that - maybe 12 days, and if I miss that mark maybe just the week before. Or if I am honest it will be Christmas. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.