Thursday, January 3, 2013

Catching Up and January Goals

I've been pretty busy with the holidays and houseguests so it's been hard to find the time to blog. Still I find myself composing posts in my head before falling asleep so need to get some of these things out of my head and on to "paper".

This past week has been about catching up. I finally took some time to catch up on neglected chores yesterday. Still more to do today. But before I lose focus I want to get my monthly goals down.

1. Start working out again. I totally fell out of the routine In December as I needed my kidless time for Christmas prep. School starts on Monday and I need to get back to the gym 3 days a week.

2. Update my mint.com account and follow it. Set up a bill tracking sheet. I've found a bunch of different ones online now I just need to make my own.

3. As part of making my house more homey I plan on tackling the living room first. It's where we have all our Christmas stuff but once Christmas has been packed up and moved out it looks so empty. I definitely need a new plant to replace the tree and some other little things (maybe update my otherwise boring mantel).

4. Super Bowl party prep. For my husband, the Super Bowl is almost as important as Christmas and Thanksgiving. We have a party every year and it seems to get bigger and bigger every year. The guest list so far is 67 - mix of kids and adults but mostly adults. It's a crazy day but it's our one big party of the year, and is lots of fun.

5. Since my parents are staying til the 19th I won't have a lot of time to blog, but hope to make some updates towards the end of the month - cleaning up links and organizing stuff. Since I got a new iPad I'll probably do most of my blogging from there. Does anyone have an app to recommend. I use Blogger now but it's annoying since you can't add links or position pictures

What are your goals for January?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.