Thursday, February 28, 2013

He's Challenging Me

The other day my husband gave me a challenge - from now on when we go out wear something other than black pants and a top. Some people would be annoyed if their husbands tried to tell them how to dress, but I know the way it was meant.

I've gotten to the point in the season when I start getting bored with my wardrobe but feel too guilty about our debt to buy much new stuff. This usually happens in February and August. This is when I actually start thinking about what I wear so that I can accessorize and change the looks a bit. Case in point my recently scheduled Lia Sophia party and the fact that I've been wearing a lot of the pieces I already own.

Anyway, the point is yes, black pants and a top have become my uniform for nights out since it's so easy and therefore boring. I pretty much live in jeans and a sweater in the winter so there isn't much difference when we go out. Time to be a grown up and start dressing like one. I know I've said it before, but this time I mean it.

Money's not as tight as it was this time last year, and shortly after challenging me my husband admitted that he needs new clothes and so when the next bonus comes in in a few weeks, we should both go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.