Sunday, March 17, 2013

Disposing of Drippings

About a month ago I saw a post on Pinterest from a woman on how to dispose of your meat drippings after cooking without clogging your pipes.  Her idea was ok but I like my way better so here it is.....

I like Hillshire Farms lunch meats so after we finish eating the meat, I save the containers for all sorts of things, including drippings.  After cooking I pour the fat into the container.  Even though the container is made of plastic I haven't melted one yet.  Then I put the cover on and pop it in the freezer.  I keep it there and keep adding to it until it's full, and then I toss it.  You could also use coffee or soup cans as long as you have a place to store it in your freezer where you don't have to worry about spilling.  Personally, I like having a lid on it, just in case.




1 comment:

  1. We often use old plastic containers like sour cream tubs and these lunch meat containers, but I've never thought to freeze them and use them until they are full, which is a great idea because we end up throwing out containers that are only partially full of the drippings/grease. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.