Sunday, March 31, 2013

First Run of the Season

I've been a total slacker with running and exercise in general for that matter. Coming home from the mall this afternoon I noticed the outside temp was 61. My husband was going out tonight so as soon as I realized I had enough time for a quick run, I changed and hit the road.

I wasn't expecting much as it's been over 3 months since my last run, I hadn't had time for my usual pre-run hydration, but I figured I'd go for it. I purposely shuffled my usual playlist and took a different route so as not to get bummed about slow pace or not being able to make the distance.  I was expecting to cramp up, get tired, something.

Final result - 3.01 miles in 28m:35s.

Thanks Bon Jovi for having so many power songs to keep me going.

Bottom line - stop making excuses, just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.