Monday, April 1, 2013

Green Day - Take 2

When Little Man was 2 months old, my husband and I went to see Green Day. The show was great but I couldn't enjoy it as out sitter was not used to dealing with newborns (despite telling us she could) so I spent most of the show fielding texts from her on how to handle his crying.  When I heard Green Day was coming back I jumped at the chance to get tickets. We splurged on floor seats and the next day Billie Joe went into rehab (this was shortly after his Vegas tantrum).  We finally got to see them Thursday night.

The floor was GA so we got there early and joined the crowd waiting.  After a stupid wait to get wristbands before going down to the floor, we headed down to the floor.  We waited for a while with the crowd, everyone chatting, but jockeying for position at the same time.  The final song played over the PA system before they came on was Bohemian Rhapsody.  I don't know if this was done on purpose - but I think it was - someone started singing and soon enough we were all singing along.  It was a cool moment, kind of an unplanned flash mob.  As soon as Green Day took the stage the crowd surged forward, it was tight in the beginning, but as usual, people spread out shortly after they had claimed their space.

It was a great high energy show like last time, even better since I never heard a peep from our sitter so could focus on the show.  We were close (but not too close) to the mosh pit, so the crowd's energy level was high.  They played a ton of great songs, and Billie Joe is back to his old self (I have to admit, I don't know how he'd keep up that energy level without some pharmaceutical help).  I definitely recommend seeing them if you haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.